Sunday, February 19, 2012

Sunday Sketch February 19th


Let's have some fun with bits of paper this week. Challenge yourself to try to use some color blocking with different patterns and elements and layer them underneath your photos.  You could even make them into banners if you like, but I think the rectangles are kind of fun too.  Add some pop dots to make them stand out.  Change stars to flowers or something else for a more feminine page.  Have fun!
This page was created with the Simple Stories Awesome Collection with just a bit of Year.o.graphy Basics.  I used the 3 x 4 journal cards to layer underneath my photos and then added the license plate border from the Awesome 12 x 12 Fundamental Cardstock stickers.  Added some pop dots to make it come off the page a bit. 
How fun are these striped sticker letters from the Simple Stories Awesome 12 x 12 Expressions Cardstock Stickers???  I like the effect from the lighter colored stripes.  Added a few of the journal strips from the same sticker sheet with pop dots. 
Just a bit of bling to polish the stars and provide a little dimension.  The ledger paper is from the Year.o.graphy collection, but everything else if from Awesome.

Thank you for stopping by today and drop me a link if you use the sketch so I can stop by and leave your some love.


5 comments:

Izzy Anderson said...

This is such a great sketch. I am always a little stumped about what to do with 2 vertical photos. Love your solution. Your little boy is darling!

Sandi Clarkson said...

Another great sketch .. and awesome example!

Brenda said...

Liz, you always inspire me so much, and I am always so happy when I have the time to play with your sketches! Your example is absolutely wonderful and is just perfect for those photos! Here is mine - http://roseblossomlegacies.blogspot.com/2012/02/together.html

Monique Liedtke said...

Love your sketch and what you did with it! It inspires me to grab my papers and start scrapping straight away! (it's a shame I'm in the office right now :( ).
Love how you used the flash cards and your son is so cute!

Lisa F said...

I turned it into a 2-pager and finished up a layout

http://islandhoppingfoustcrafts.blogspot.com/2012/02/7-months.html