Sunday, January 29, 2012

Sunday Sketch January 29th


It's time for another sketch!  If you have a lot of little journal cards or ticket cards lying around, this is the sketch for you.  However, you can use any kind of patterned paper to create the same effect.
This is a page I created with Little Yellow Bicycle's Saturdays Collection.  The mix of Denim, Red and Cream is soooooooo cool.  It makes a great collection for both male a female pages.  This is my husband driving a boat on a lake near our home.  We had a great time and yes, it was a Saturday.
The title is a combination of Wonder & Wishes corrugated letters, My Little Shoebox Mini Alphabet Stickers and Saturdays Chipboard Pieces.
Like most of the Little Yellow Bicycle Collections, there is a Paper Flower Kit with this one.  The detailing on the flowers is really pretty and they even look good on a masculine page.
The Tear Out Tickets make a great layer of "patterned paper."  I layered an embossed Fresh Verse Sticker over them for extra journaling.

Hope you find some creativity from this sketch and please drop me a link so I can come by and admire.

Thank you for stopping by!



10 comments:

Melinda Spinks said...

Such a great sketch Liz and as for you layout... LOVE IT! It's not often we scrap our menfolk so this layout is a real treasure. Love the collection too!

Michelle said...

This is so great! I too love the sketch and your page. The color combo is fantastic as is that line!! Hope you had a great weekend!! :)

Darcy said...

I love this. I just found your blog and am so excited to go through some sketches and make something!!

{Jennie} said...

I saw this and immediately made a layout with the Boardwalk Collection! I made my own "tickets" with a circle punch and cardstock :)

Kris Berc said...

Wow Liz! This is a fantastic guy layout!!! Wonderful sketch as always.

Blossom inch said...

this is beautiful Liz

{Jennie} said...

I had to start a blog just so I could post my layout from this sketch to share with you! www.jenniewithanie.blogspot.com

Brenda said...

I love what you did with the twine on the sides. This paper collection is fabulous - and your layout is awesome! I used the sketch this afternoon - http://roseblossomlegacies.blogspot.com/2012/02/sometimes-you-just-have-to-scrap-it.html Hugs, Brenda

Toby and Valerie Durham said...

Love the manly look of your page!

Here's my take on the sketch:
http://myscrappypleasures.blogspot.com/2012/02/lets-talk-turkey.html

Anonymous said...

Hello. excellent job. I did not imagine this. This is a remarkable story. Thanks!
Fisher-Price Kid-Tough Digital Camera (Blue)