Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Spring is Here!

Spring is really here!  Despite the fact the we are still experiencing freakish snowstorms in the Rocky Mountains, you can definitely tell that it is time to get outside and experience the wonders of spring.  I love to watch a 6 inch snowstorm melt the very next day, cause that is what April is all about where I live.  I'm really excited about the Elizabeth Park collection from Little Yellow Bicycle, because it is such a beautiful combination of all things spring. 
One of the things I love most about all Little Yellow Bicycle collections is the amount of stickers they include.  Stickers are a relatively inexpensive embellishment with a lot of potential.  Even though many people might think that stickers are a flat, outdated embellishment item, there are many things you can do to manipulate them and create more dimensional shapes.  In order to breathe some life into the butterfly sticker, I added some florist wire antennae, a bling body and pop dotted it for some added dimension.
For the flower embellisments around the frame, I layered stickers with pop dots between them to make them look like they arrived in the packaging that way.  I also added some ink around the edges for a little extra definition.
Please keep in mind that I am hosting a sketch challenge at Little Yellow Bicycle this month and April 15th is the deadline.  We would love to see what you can do with the sketch and Elizabeth Park or Twig.


Hope spring has reached you too -

6 comments:

Nati Tristan said...

That layout is precious!

HarmonySweetpea said...

Ooooh lovely. So bright and pretty.

Luz Maria Bruna said...

Love your sketch of course and your layout is adorable!!

Liz said...

This paper is bomb diggity and the sketch oh la la

Rhonda Van Ginkel said...

Love your layout Liz! I didn't realize that you could use Twig also... I though it was Elizabeth Park only... off to peek!!!

Laura Davis said...

Awwwww this is so sweet Liz!
Hugs
laura