Friday, November 5, 2010

Paper Poppy November Kit - Sketch

It's my turn in the week to post my version of Aphra's AMAZING sketch over at the Paper Poppy Kit Co. and I have to say that I have been sweating this a bit, especially since Aphra's layout is the BOMB and Frances did a fabulous job on her interpretation.  I spent a few days mulling over how I might change or adapt the sketch and then in a moment of clarity decided not to mess with something that is already perfect.  I loved making this layout and since Aphra went the Bella BLVD route, I worked with the Jillibean Soup papers, which are such wonderful colors for Fall. 


I love how you can break up a title when you have different sized alphabets and these Bone Thickers from American Crafts are such a great compliment to the Jillibean Soup Corrugated letters.  In the photos we are making our way through a very fun corn maze - thus the title, "A Totally Corny Day"
Aphra included a lot of ribbon and twine in the package, so I decided to use the twine almost like it was corn silk and laced it throughout the layout.  I think adds a little extra effect to the sketch.  As always - Aphra knocked another one out of the park with this kit!  I say it is a must have....

Please come jump into the sketch challenge at Paper Poppy this month!

Thank you so much for stopping by -



3 comments:

Alia said...

Totally adorable!!

Brenda said...

OMGOSH i am lovin this BIG time!!!!!
hugs
Brenda

Monique Nicole Fox said...

When I say that sketch, I knew I had to do it. I did it as a 2 pager for a client's Disney album.

http://living-in-the-positive.blogspot.com/2010/11/sketch-on-liz-qualmans-blog-by-aphra.html