Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Bonus Sketch & Layout

I know I owe you all a sketch as I missed posting one last Sunday, so here is the one from the September Sweet Peach Crop Shop Kit.  I was guest designing for them through the summer and this is sadly my last sketch for that club.  Life is just a bit too busy right now...
My layout Girl Twirls was inspired by fun photos of my daughter spinning and the awesome sticker banners from Sassafras Lass’s Indie Girl collection.  It’s like a match made in heaven and the pink in the papers was the perfect complement to my daughters floral dress.
Aren’t these Thickers a gorgeous color?  They are a beautiful partner for the Indie Girl papers and especially the beautiful music note paper.  I even love the way they look against the darker blue cardstock.
I cut apart the banners and interchanged them on my layout to add more interest and to spread out the two rows I included in the sketch.  I also pop-dotted the top layer to make it stand out just a tad bit more from the row on the bottom, especially where they cross on the layout for the journal card.  The Maya Road ribbon buckles make a really beautiful embellishment.

Thank you so much for stopping by - 

5 comments:

LisiB said...

Oh, so cute. Just a perfect match of the cutest photos with the great colors of the papers. I agree, the thickers are just perfect!

Lizzyc said...

oh this is beautiful. love the two banners crossing over like that!!

Beatriz Farquhar-Guzman said...

beautiful page! and a great picture and title too. Love your sketch!

Pat said...

Love that LO!!! And wonderful sketch!

Rebecca K. said...

AWESOME sketch! here's my take

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/540095/view/2938729/-1/1.html