Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sunday Sketch and Guest Designers

Let's have some fun with a vertical title this week, flowers and maybe even some ribbon! The guest designers did such a great job of showing the versatility of the sketch and the wide range of possibilities with materials and color. Check out what they created below...This sketch is also eligible for the August Sketch Challenge, which I will be posting sometime tomorrow.
Barbara Lochridge is our featured designer this week and she will not disappoint. Here is a little bit about her, "Lately my life has been consumed by thoughts of my grandaughter, who was born this past March. I had two sons, so she was a much awaited surprise and blessing, in more ways than one. I finally get to buy pink and do all the girly pages I want!" Look at Barbara's wonderful layout!
A little more from Barbara, "The page I did for Liz's wonderful sketch doesn't even include my new granddaughter. Sorry, didn't have any vertical photos of her. I just loved the sketch. It was very easy to put together, and didn't really require anything fancy to cut with. Though, I did add some flourishes that I cut with my cricut expression. I also matted and punched in black to make the papers stand out more. Because of the title I had to forego the journaling. I tried adding some, but it didn't look right. I also added some buttons. So there you go, very easy and I love how it turned out!"
Close Ups of Barbara's Work
Please visit Barbara's blog Scrap Happenings for more information about her and details about her work.
Melinda Spinks is back again with another one of her jaw dropping creations (I love to open the emails - LOL). Is that photo adorable or what??? Here is what she said about working with the sketch this week, "Firstly, thanks Liz for having me back! Again, we were spoilt with a 'beautiful sketch', Liz always designs such a clever balance in her sketches and missing mojo is never an issue... everything is right there in front of you! I didn't stray too much from the original concept, just tweaked a few things to suit the style of layout I was going for ie... used monsters instead of flowers etc LOL! I didn't think Liz would mind."
Please visit Melinda's blog The Scrap Farm for more information about her and details about her work.

Celine Michels joins us again this week with her wonderful interpretation of the sketch. I love the way the color palette she chose really makes the colors in her stunning photos pop. Here is what she had to say about working with the sketch this week, "I was really happy to "scrap" this sketch ! It is really simple and harmonious. I had 2 photos I wanted to put in my album for a long time, I modified a little the sketch to integrate one vertical photo and one horizontal. The Wisteria collection of BG was perfect for my subject and colours. I used some stamps, one is a Florilèges and one a Es[Kiss]."
Please visit Celine's blog Passion Scrap en Alsace for more information about her and details about her work.

Thank you so much for stopping by -

5 comments:

Aphra Bolyer said...

LOVE this sketch, Liz! And all your designers did such amazing work. Where do you find these ladies? :D

Melinda Spinks said...

Thanks for allowing me to play along again Liz, really love Barbara and Celine's take on the sketch, their layouts are gorgeous and the sketch was wonderful to work with again!

Michelle said...

This is such a great sketch!!! Just the inspiration I needed!! I can't wait to play with it!! Everyone did a wonderful job!!!

Gabrielle Pollacco said...

Super cute sketch Liz!! ...your sketches are simply the BEST! Love the take of all the talented ladies who worked with it!

Hope you're keeping well hon! Miss ya!

~Gabi xxx

Vija said...

Love this sketch, you are so talented Liz!