Sunday, April 5, 2009

Sunday Sketch, April 5th



I had some fun with this sketch, because I wanted to do something a little different with circles and use the Creative Memories circle cutter I purchased for WAY TOO MUCH money. But alas...that circle cutter works so much better than my Cutter Bee. Hope you will have fun with flourishes, flowers and of course...butterflies (seems to be a staple around here, but always optional).


I took this photo of my daughter last summer after I bribed her to do a photo shoot. She really isn't that much of a drama queen, but this expression is priceless.

I also just picked up some of the new Basic Grey Marrakech papers and LOVE how they look! The colors are so brilliant and rich and the patterns are fun and versatile. Funny little bit of info, I am running out of my BG Wilma undressed letters, so now I am hacking up the remaining ones to make the letters I need. The P in this layout used to be an R. Oh well, I love this alpha and should probably order some more before BG discontinues them, but there are still a lot of letters to be morphed. The journal tag is a Maya Road Sheer and I used a flourish that my friend Debbie Danielson (a.k.a. Paperjunkie) made for me on her personal cutter. Just cut it up a bit to change the directions of the vines. Thank you Debbie!!!


This amazing layout is by my friend Lynn B. She used the April main kit at My Creative Scrapbook and my Sunday sketch to make this super fun layout. The butterflies are gorgeous and the photo is just perfect. A little funny for me is that I designed the sketch with butterflies and then forgot to put them on my layout...shame on me. You can find more of Lynn's beautiful creations at her blog Pretty Paper Swirls.

6 comments:

Mieke said...

Great sketch and love the layout! Aren;t the girls cute when the pout!

Hugs
Mieke

Jane F. Smith said...

That photo just cracks me up!!!!

Tammy said...

Oh I LOVE that sketch!! I'm going to have to try this one! That is the cutest picture ever!!

Lynn Biermann said...

Cute cute lo!! I love the sketch! My wheels are turning!!! I think I am going to wait for the kit!! TFS :D

Lynn Biermann said...

Liz, Hello! I used the sketch for my lo "sugar n spice! thanks for the inspiration! :D

Julie said...

I love this sketch! Thank you Liz!!! It was just what I needed for a pic I had of my GD Madi!
http://aroundmycrazyworld.blogspot.com/