Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday Sketch, April 19th



I was feeling the need to continue my quest with circles. I just LOVE them! When I first started to sketch, I always colored my flowers and then I got in the habit of just black and white, but I'm feeling like color again. Hope you find some inspiration for my sketch and thank you so much for stopping by.






I took this photo of my children playing on our deck with my new Canon Rebel (see "Out with the Old" post below). They are almost 5 years apart, but they love to be with each other. I'm so glad we had another baby, because I know they will always have one another when they get older.

These Basic Grey Sugared papers were the perfect color palette and texture for this photo. I love the reds, browns and pinks. I took a scalloped die cut from Bazzill and used one of my smallest EK Success Daisy punches to make the flower border in the scallops and then cut a large circle from the center to make a frame for the layout. I also just found these really cute red Tropical flowers from Bazzill. The large white Prima flower has little holes punched into it to give it a light airy effect, and I layered cardstock flourishes over the BG rubons to give more depth.

4 comments:

Pearl said...

Sweet sketch , Liz ! Love the colored flowers ! & your example layout is just precious !

Glad to see you're putting your new cam to good use! Mine is usually in cold storage ! urrgh !!!

NoraAnne said...

What a great sketch...the layout you made is breathtaking...absolutely beautiful!!!
Stop my my blog for an award :)
www.RobinsonsNest.blogspot.com

scrappygal said...

Beautiful sketch! I have a lo at my blog, but I am not loving the BG chipboard. Anyway, thanks for all the great sketches. I always look at the paper and photo and think, where do I start? Again, thanks. My link:

http://scrappygal-scraphappenings.blogspot.com/

scrappygal said...

Thanks for the comment on my blog. No, I hadn't submitted it to BG, but since you suggested it, I did.